Halifax, Nova ScotiaApply For This Job
AMEC Black & McDonald Limited (ABM) is proud to be a leading Atlantic Canadian provider of integrated Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Operations, Maintenance and Decommissioning support services to the Oil and Gas business sector. From offices located in both Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, ABM provides its customers with services backed with an integrated management system accredited to ISO 9001:2008. ABM is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies, and it is consistently recognized within the industry as providing World Class Safety Performance in all its operations.
Our Halifax office is currently looking for career minded individuals with qualifications and experience in the following disciplines:
- Intermediate/Senior Structural Engineer(s)/Designer(s)
- Senior Planner (Primavera)
- Intermediate Construction Engineer(s)
- Project Engineer(s)
- Intermediate Mechanical Engineer(s)
- Intermediate Electrical Engineer(s)
- CAD Operator/PDMS
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor of Engineering, as applicable.
- P.ENG (APENS) or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 20 Years Engineering/Construction experience in Oil and Gas industry.
- Commitment to a safe work culture.
- Familiarity with Engineering codes & standards.
- Proficiency in the use of business computer applications- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
- Familiarity with computer modeling software (PDMS) and AutoCAD, as applicable.
- Ability to interpret engineered drawings (P&ID’s, isometrics, single line).
- Highly motivated, confident in decision making ability and self-driven.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working effectively and contributing towards a team based culture.
ABM has been hired to provide planning, inspection, and engineering assessment for the early concept studies...View More>
Pigging Support Services
ABM has been involved in every Sable Offshore Energy Project pigging campaign conducted over the past 10 years.View More>
EPC of Truck Loading Systems
ABM was hired to provide design, fabrication, construction and commissioning support for a truck loading facility...View More>
ABM was contracted to remove piping, structural and electrical systems, and install minimum navigational aids to the Cohasset-PanukeView More>
Life Cycle Labour Support
ABM was contracted throughout the life of the Cohasset-Panuke oil platform to supply onshore and offshore trades labour support.View More>
Piping Fabrication & Installation
ABM was hired to complete a campaign to upgrade from FRP piping to Cunifer and Duplex piping on two existing offshore...View More>
Flare Boom Piping Modifications
ABM was contracted to design, fabricate and install new piping and hose connections from the flare and diverter piping system connecting...View More>
Thebaud Compression Platform Modifications
ABM was hired by SaiWoo Contracting to complete project management, production of fabrication drawings and onshore fabrication of two pipe racks ...View More>
HVAC Assessments & Modifications
ABM performed HVAC and refrigeration system maintenance and repairs for the Transocean owned, Henry Goodrich...View More>
10 Year Maintenance Turnaround
ABM completed a scheduled 21 day turnaround and 4-month maintenance campaign involving multiple maintenance support activities on...View More>
Hook-up & Commissioning of Gas Platform
ABM was hired by Single Buoy Mooring (SBM) to complete the Hook-up and commissioning on a new offshore jack-up sour gas production and...View More>
EPC of Additional Living Quarters
The project included the provision for use of the existing facility crane. Key steps in this provision included limiting the module weight, brown-field installation on...View More>